Wednesday 4 February 2015

Filming Style

I'm torn between doing something more traditional and keeping the film 2D, painting the backgrounds, and adding a painting texture on loop to the animation, or printing the animation and putting it into a stop motion setting.  Here are a few test shots I did to get an idea of the aesthetic. It's reminiscent of Fruit, which I was thinking was something of a prototype for this film. 







Here are some films I'm looking to for inspiration.






Feral trailer from Daniel Sousa on Vimeo.

Feral: process workflow from Daniel Sousa on Vimeo.



This last one I enjoy for being composed of silhouettes, something I briefly considered before promptly  running headlong back into my comfort zone. 


Paper Dreams from Kenneth Onulak on Vimeo.

This last one is close to what I'm thinking of. Animated, then set on a stage and filmed again. 
Lavazza a modo mio from dadomani on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment