Monday 16 February 2015

Aesthetic Test

I printed the turnaround onto Watercolour paper. Good to do this and identify all the possible problems.




First I figured out where the camarea would go and the angle the sutout needed to be at. Then I drew along the edge to maintain that angle. Using Blu-tack I set the cutouts along that line. I used Dragonframe to draw a circular volume, to which  I matched the heads, much like I had in the turnaround earlier in Photoshop.

Problems: 

I neglected to draw a line along which to fold it, which means that the height was subtly different. A line to indicate the bottom and another to maintain the length of the bottom as the same

Blu-tack - can be glimpsed underneath the cutout and can raise its height

Lighting - What works for one cutout may cast a shadow on the other. Light must be head-on and watched for consistency.

Set: It was difficult to keep the set from moving when constantly pulling the blu-tack off. Sets (which will be minimal) must be secure and kept a little distance from the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment